This is actually the first, one and only Marshmallow cake I’ve ever had. And the first Marshmallow cream I’m preparing. But definitely it is one of the best. So different taste then the one I got used to and everyone at home were surprised by my imagination.
For the preparation you’ll need a little bit more time, but it is worth it, I promise!
You can cook the cake 1-2 days before and leave it in a box in the fridge to cool. This way the smells will mix together and will form a beautiful symphony of taste and aroma. I really hope that you’ll enjoy it as much as I did.
2 cups sugar;
1 1/3 cups pumpkin puree;
2 tablespoons lemon juice;
1 ½ cups flour;
2 tablespoons baking powder;
3 tablespoons cinnamon;
2 tsp ginger;
1 tsp nutmeg;
1 tsp salt;
For the cream:
250 g. Cream cheese;
½ tsp vanilla;
½ cup powdered sugar;
150 gr. Mascarpone;
1 cup frozen raspberries;
For marshmallow cream:
1 ½ cups marshmallow candy;
3-4 tablespoons milk;
Method of preparation:
– First starting with cake layers. For this purpose you should have already the pumpkin puree chilled, which is prepared by the pumpkin is cooked and then mashed with a fork and leave to cool.
Beat eggs with mixer on high speed for 5-6 minutes. During this time, mix the pumpkin puree, sugar and lemon juice.
Add pumpkin mixture to the eggs.
Mix all dry ingredients and then add them to the egg mixture.
Prepare a rectangular baking pan and cover it with baking paper and walls smeared with oil.
Preheat the oven to 200C/380F.
Pour the mixture and gently smooth the latter must. Bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly tanned. It is important not to overbake!
Have in hand a clean kitchen towel and sprinkle generously with icing sugar.
After removing the cake from the oven, carefully remove it from the pan, remove the baking paper and place it on the cloth. Turn loaf and set aside to cool.
– If you do not have a ready to use Marshmallow cream, then you can prepare it yourself following the following simple steps.
Marshmallow cream is prepared by pouring marshmallow candies in saucepan and heat when they start to melt, remove from heat and stir vigorously until all is melted. Add milk and beat with a mixer until you have smooth cream.
– For the cream on the cake whip the cream cheese with the mascarpone and the icing sugar and vanilla until smooth mixture. Leave in the refrigerator.
– When the cake layers are completely cooled down, then cut up into three pieces lengthwise or two for – small and high cake. Keep ¼ of the cream aside, the rest will use plaster of the cake.
– Spread with mascarpone cream and distribute frozen raspberries. Roll up after wrap it, put it vertically on a cardboard cake form. Continuing with the remaining cake in the same way as about the first screw them.
Finally daub the cake with the cream which we kept aside in the beginning. Then pour on top edges of the marshmallow cream. Optionally, sprinkle with cinnamon and decorated with fresh raspberries and mint.